Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Devil in St. Mary's Church

I love going to church on Sundays. The Pinoy priest gives good sermon and it makes me feel good every time I go to church. This Sunday, however, our mommy was on the phone and my sister could not hang up in time for us to attend the mass. Everyone was on their way home when we reached St. Marys. The volunteers were cleaning the church and there was a queue to the image of Virgin Mary of Perpetual Help.

We sat on the second row and my siblings and friend started praying solemnly. I usually pray together with my siblings but this time I just sat down and watched the queue.

In the middle of their prayer, a man approached us and politely said "Brothers and sisters if you like to pray transfer to the other side. We need to clean the chairs." And two horns sprang out of his forehead and a tail from his behind lashed out on the wind. I was looking at a devil telling my siblings to stop praying to God. And in the blink of an eye he became human again.

My imagination started running wild and I began to think about the man who approached us.

He was going all over the church asking every praying soul to stop talking to God. My brother heard him asking the queue to hurry praying to the Virgin Mary. I began to wonder if he is really in the church to help or to discourage people to pray.

I started to ask myself, is he a devil in the guise of an angel? Is there a devil in St. Mary's church discouraging people to pray. Is he a servant of the Lord or the opposite? Please let me know if you have been to St. Marys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment