Thursday, March 24, 2011

Skydiving in Dubai!

Alright. I've been meaning to write about this for a long time. However, I somehow always forget about it. Skydiving! It's the ultimate sport. Not anyone can go up into the sky and jump out of a plane. But for those few brave souls who have no qualms in doing that, Dubai is a must-visit place.
You might have gone sky diving elsewhere in the world. But trust me when I say that Dubai is simply awesome.
Well, let me give you a brief picture. I've been sky diving. twice. Yeah. I'm crazy. I know that. My first time was in Arizona a couple of years back. The thing about Arizona is that the view from the top is pretty much a barren view. For those who've been there, I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say. The fun in sky diving depends a lot on the kind of cover present in the land below. This might not make much sense. But picture this.
Arizona : you jump out of a plane and all you can see is barren land and shrubs below.
Dubai : You're over the vast ocean. To your left are the palm islands and the Burj-Al-Arab. And this is followed by a very large number of towering skyscrapers. I think you get what I'm talking about.
Winner: Dubai!
The best part about the whole experience is the moment just before exiting the airplane. You'll be right over the ocean and you'll see the Dubai coastline to your left/right. It's such an adrenaline rush! It is kind of expensive though. So if you are prepared to shell out some hard cash for such an experience, I'd suggest you go for it. It's probably the most exhilarating experience you can ever have. I have no idea how I missed out on posting about dubai sky diving before. But hey, better late than never.

1 comments: